The star turn 30 but his energy and determination is never ending. We can hope of playing him for another 10 years. His secret to success was revealed when he was asked after winning Ballon d’Or 2014 what is your next goal. He said another Ballon d’Or.
His mantra of constant and never ending improvement have lead him to such a stage where he becomes unbeatable.
The facts about how much weight he lifts and the comparison of his jump with cheetah will allure you to like him even more. We have gathered here some fun facts about Cristiano Ronaldo that you will enjoy.
So lets start the journey with……
1. Cristiano Ronaldo was named after U.S. President, Ronald Reagan who was his father’s favourite actor, and whom he greatly admired.
2. He has many nick-names when he was young. “When he got home from school I’d tell him to do homework but he’d say he didn’t have any. I’d be making dinner and he would jump out of the window and run off until late. He used to cry when he passed and his friends didn’t score. People called him ‘cry-baby’ and ‘little bee’ because nobody could catch him,” Dolores Aveiro said.
3. When fifteen years old Cristiano Ronaldo was diagnosed with a condition called racing heart. He underwent an operation that used a laser to cauterize the area of his heart that caused the problem. This operation enabled him to continue his training with passion for football.
4. An interesting tip for youngsters: In his teen years, Ronaldo would train in the gym using weights on either of his feet and then dribble with the ball. He figured that training with the weights would improve his game to make him faster.
You may also like: Interesting facts about Cristiano Ronaldo
5. Do you know the speed of Cristiano Ronaldo free-kick?? Its 130 km per hour. No wonder these weight training does work.
6. CR7 jump generates five times more power than that of a wild Cheetah as it jumps in full flight. This speed allows him to reach a height of 44cm in the air, which is more than what an average NBA player can do. Simply amazing!!
7. If you think you’re a gym buff,than don’t be so excited what i am about to tell you will surely blow your mind. Ronaldo lifts about 23,055 kgs of total weight during his training session, which basically is like lifting a total of 16 Toyota Prius cars.
8. Ronaldo credits his start and success to his close friend Albert Fantrau who passed up a goal during a youth club game so that Ronaldo would be the one to be accepted into the Academy from Sporting (Lisbon). When Ronaldo asked him why he did it, he simply said, “You’re better than me.”
Even though his childhood friend is now unemployed, Fantrau now lives like a rich man with a house, and car. When asked how he maintains his lifestyle, Fantrau smiles and replies, “It’s from Cristiano.”
Check out: Cristiano Ronaldo Interesting Interview to France Football
9. Ronaldo signed a profitable contract with Real Madrid that made him the highest paid football player in the world.
10. Ronaldo’s is said to have paid for the cancer treatment of a 9-year-old boy showing that this man has a generous and compassionate heart.
11. “We’ve had some fantastic No. 7s, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, David Beckham, some wouldn’t want that jersey but his confidence was high even at 18. When he made his debut as substitute against Bolton he took the place by storm,” said Sir Alex Ferguson as he handed Ronaldo the No. 7 Shirt.
Well there is no ending to this football king. These fun facts about Cristiano Ronaldo should have been a joyous ride for you. We will come with more so keep visiting [ronaldocr7.com]
Source: ronaldocr7.com techtimes.com wikipedia.org